The Kick drum is the foundation of Electronic Music. The timing of your Bass instruments is paramount. GMaudio Ducker is a sample accurate side-chain tool designed to help you get your low-end thumping!
Side-chain compression is a technique commonly used to ensure that your Bass doesn't get in the way of your Kick. The problem is, that it's simply not accurate, and things like plugin delay compensation often skews similar tools.
This device uses Transient Detection to trigger an ideal envelope for Bass volume control, that is always on time and 100% accurate.
- The Attack curve is fixed and designed to avoid any pops/clicks.
- The Release curve is adjustable from logarithmic to exponential, allowing for the perfect crossfade between your Bass and Kick.
- The length of time that your Bass is muted is adjustable via 'Hold' parameter.
- The visualisation helps you identify your signals easily and makes dialling in settings an absolute breeze.
The reason why your Bass must be 100% muted to avoid clashing with your Kick has to do with the way audio signals are summed together. Even a small amount of Bass while your Kick transient hits will skew the summed waveform, resulting in a different Kick transient with every drum hit. This device ensures that your Kick's Transient remains consistent and allows you to smoothly transition from Kick to Bass so that they become one Instrument, resulting in maximum headroom and a stronger low-end!
See this video for further explanation; https://youtu.be/zYzKdQvF8F8
New in Version 1.2 (September 2021)
- All colours now change with Live Themes
- Visualisation can be enabled/disabled (disabled by default)
- Improved accuracy of envelope and applied s-curve to reduce artefacts
- Added 'Hold Time' in ms instead of Amount values beyond 100%
New in Version 1.1 (August 2021)
- Fixed Text Colour for all Live Themes
- Added more latency/attack to reduce pops/clicks in rare situations
- Improved accuracy of Envelope at certain settings
* Tip: If your signal is not triggering the envelope, try Post FX for the input and/or turn up the Sensitivity.
...you can always add side-chain compression after this device to create more variation in the groove of your bass, but without using a tool like this, your just making life harder for yourself... Do yourself, and your music a favour, and grab GMaudio Ducker Now!
This device works in Live 10.1 or 11, Standard (with Max For Live) or Suite.
If you like this device, please rate it 5 stars ✨
Happy music making! 🤘